Sunday, March 25, 2012

Yellow and black baby shower cake

This baby shower cake was so precious *grin* I was asked to do a slimmed down version of a 5 tier cake that was found online. I have to say the yellow and black is so sharp. I loved how it all came together! Bottom cake was marble filled with fresh strawberries. Middle, carrot cake with cream cheese filling. And the top...red velvet, cream cheese filling! Yummy!
 Damask stenciling in royal icing, and handmade letter "A" monogram.

The very same day I delivered this cake we left on to Las Vegas on vacation! And if you know me.... you know I LOVE desserts =)) So I looked up a couple of places, and convinced the hubby....even though he's "not that into desserts".... On this we are surely on different planets lol. SO we went to Jean Phillipe at located at the Aria hotel. Top left is a Snickers cake, top right, raspberry rose macaroon filled with pastry cream. And the hubby got a fruit tart, "best he's ever had!"...... SUCCESS!!
Kiddo and I giddy for sweets =)

Next stop was Max Brenner.....chocolate by a bald man. Located in the Forum shops at Cesar's palace. Let me tell you....it smelled Devinne!! And my blended chocolate frappe was like drinking a chocolate bar!  Mmmm
 Yummm!

 And just in case I needed a reminder!!!!


Thanks for looking!

No comments :

Post a Comment